What (not) to say when you're losing a technical argument
This joke probably already toured the internet a few gazillion times, but it never passed me before, so I'm taking a chance and posting it anyway. It's a series of one-liners that (lame) managers usually say when they're out of arguments and needs to close a technical discussion before it gets embarrassing (because the world would come to an end if they lost, of course).
Top five things to say when you're losing a technical argument (and want to look like a fool):
- Yearh, we already tried that, but it didn't work.
- Yes, well, that's just not the way things work in the real world.
- Our support infrastructure simply can't handle the volume that change would involve.
- No, no, no. We're really working on an N-TIER architecture, here.
- It would probably be best if we deferred that until version 2.0.
That's not enough for you? Follow the link for a ton more of the same kind